- One Voice (3.25) A song for every one of us. (Wailin’ Jennys)
- Om Namo (10.45) I bow to the divine teacher within. (Snatam Kaur)
- Blowin’ in the Wind (3.19) The answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind. (Bob Dylan)
- Rama Sita Ram (6.28) Ram is an example of a being entirely dedicated to the call of his soul. (C. Dupont, Snatam Kaur)
- Peace Prepare Me (5.35) Narayana is the supreme Being that creates, preserves and destroys all things for the good of All. (Traditional, Deva Premal)
When I first heard chants from the Yoga tradition, they felt like a memory to me and struck a deep chord. The words and melodies clearly held the longing of countless spiritual seekers throughout the ages and over and over again have inspired insight, strength and clarity in the midst of my human journey. I learned to play the guitar in my forties so I could accompany the chants and songs that were mysteriously opening my heart. Before long I began to lead kirtan (call-and-response chanting) at spiritual gatherings and found that others were also moved by these songs. I am also drawn to contemporary songs that express this orientation towards realizing our Self and living from that place as our truest expression, so I’ve included a couple my favorites here.
Caroline Dupont: vocals
Mars Giammarco: acoustic guitar, vocals, bass, programming
Jason Wilson: piano, accordion, organ, keyboards
Samantha Russell: vocals
Recorded, mixed and mastered by Mars Giammarco
Gratitude: Thank you and love to Dave Kukurudza, for making this project possible; my heart sings for you. Sincere and heartfelt appreciation to Les Zaiser and Mars Giammarco for bringing it out of me with such care and kindness; you are both so special. Lakshmi and AD, I sang my first chants at your house; thank you for your spirit and generosity over the years. Amanda, I have loved singing with you; you have the prettiest voice in the world. I have received much encouragement from friends since I started singing in public a dozen or so years ago; these songs are for you. I hope you sing along.