Welcome to your participant’s page
Please bookmark this page and familiarize yourself with the information
Schedule & Zoom links
These will also be sent out about 30 minutes prior to each gathering.
Sunday January 3rd, 2021 (all times are EST)
- 1st gathering – 10.30 to noon Zoom
- 2nd gathering – 1 to 2.30 pm Zoom
- 3rd gathering – 3.30 to 5 pm Zoom
- To join the meeting, please click the Zoom link provided above.
- If this is your first time using Zoom you will be prompted to download a small piece of software to join the meeting. Please click ‘ok’ for every notification that appears during this process. You will then be asked to enter your name and e-mail address and after doing so you will be connected to the meeting.
- You can watch a short video on how to join a Zoom meeting here: here
- You can join the meeting from a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone.
- Please make sure you’re seated in a comfortable, quiet space with a good internet connection.
- Each meeting will start with a guided meditation / silent sitting, after which there will be the opportunity to connect on-screen with Caroline and explore whatever arises for you in the moment. Please note that I won’t be taking questions from the chat box because I prefer to interact more directly with you.
- After the initial talk and meditation you will have the opportunity to ‘raise your hand’ if you wish to connect on-screen. This feature is visible when you hover your mouse at the bottom of the screen and click on Participants > Raise Hand. On a mobile device you can find it under More > Raise Hand.
- When it is your turn, I’ll ask you to unmute your microphone. At this time please also turn on your video, if you have not already done so.
- The meetings will be live and will be recorded. The recordings will be posted on the home page afterwards and by participating you automatically agree to a publication of the visual and audio recordings. If you wish to go on screen with me but don’t wish your part to be shared on the home page please let me know and your request will be honoured.
In order to get the most out of this day retreat I recommend that you follow these guidelines:
- Spend as much time as possible in silence from Saturday evening onwards.
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthy food over the weekend (refrain from alcohol, smoking, junk food, drug use)
- While not in zoom meetings spend time in meditation or in nature. Journaling could also be helpful.
- Refrain from watching TV, movies, socializing, surfing the internet and social media.
- Set a focused intention for our retreat day to deepen into presence and create a sacred space for your participation.
Suggested Practices & links
- Guided Meditations
- Restorative Yoga & Meditation (1 hour classes)- Have a few pillows available and/or a yoga bolster, a blanket.
- Wim Hof Breathwork
- You could of course practice all of these prior to the retreat.
Create a schedule from a place of nurturing that you look forward to. Below is an example of activities and practices from morning to evening…
- Early dinner, early to bed Saturday night
- Sunday morning:
- silent sitting
- some gentle movement
- outdoor walk
- Wim Hof breathing
- First online gathering
- Lunch and/or nap
- Second gathering
- Walk and/or nap
- Third gathering
- Add any practices you feel will support your retreat, for example:
- Water, juice or smoothie fast
Everyday Deep Healing Sample Menu
- Upon rising; lemon water
- celery juice
- fruit, fruit bowl, smoothie or smoothie bowl
- Lunch: salad meal
- Dinner: wholesome plant-based fare made up primarily of vegetables, raw and steamed, potatoes, sweet potatoes, ‘bowls’
- Snacks: fruit in combination with celery and cucumber
- Teas: lemon balm, hibiscus, nettle, chaga, dandelion root, etc.