This recipe is adapted from this post: http://golubkakitchen.com/quick-rhubarb-soft-serve/
strawberry rhubarb soft serve
4 stalks rhubarb, chopped
8 dates, pitted and chopped
½ cup water
1 can coconut milk (I used Thai Kitchen full fat)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 heaping teaspoon honey
- Simmer rhubarb and dates in a medium pot for 15 to 20 minutes until soft. Blend. An immersion blender works well. Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper and spread the rhubarb pudding thinly. Freeze and then break up into pieces. Store in a sealed container.
- Blend coconut milk and maple syrup, then pour into an ice cream tray. Store frozen coconut milk cubes in a sealed container.
- Blend strawberries and honey to make strawberry sauce.
- To make ice cream, put frozen coconut milk cubes in a blender or food processor and blend to begin breaking it down. Add an equal amount of frozen rhubarb pudding (you will have to do this by eye) and blend until a smooth ice cream has been formed.
- Serve topped with strawberry sauce.