This nourishing elixir is perfect for cold winter days.
- Coconut calms the nervous system and helps you to get a good night sleep.
- Ginger greatly aids in digestion and assimilation and can help with all kinds of symptoms like colds, flu, motion sickness, vertigo, menstrual cramps, nausea, heart burn, migraines, sore throats, fatigue, and constipation.
- Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-cancer and anti-depressant properties.
- Dates are ideal for energy and brain function.
1 cup shredded dry coconut (unsweetened)
4 cups water, warmed in a kettle
1 -2 inches fresh turmeric root (or use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon powder)
1 inch fresh ginger root
1 cinnamon stick
6 cardamom pods
honey or maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds to a minute. Strain through a nut milk bag (can be purchased at your local health food store or on-line – or use a cheese cloth or fine strainer). Can be stored in the fridge up to 5 days. Warm in a pot on the stove before serving. Sprinkle with cinnamon.