The state of our bodies is an unfortunate result of these times.
Thankfully, these times are also bringing us the knowledge and resources to heal ourselves.
Virtually everyone has a mystery symptom
Every person I meet, friends, family, students and clients, young and old, is suffering from some kind of physical symptom. Many have attempted to do something to heal: reading advice from the experts, visiting doctors and health practitioners, making dietary changes, undertaking cleanses, taking supplements and pharmaceuticals, etc. And, although there are glimmers of improvement, for too many people true healing is elusive.
So many of us are spending precious time dealing with health issues that rob our energy, and prevent us from fully enjoying our lives and fulfilling our potential. At 55, I’m clear that I want to spend the rest of my life feeling vital. That said, although a huge part of my life has been spent delving into all aspects of health, and living them to the best of my ability, I too have had mysterious symptoms that have required curiosity and dogged determination to turn around.
Thirty-five years into the pursuit of all things health-related, I continue to live with the question ‘how can I heal deeply and help others to do the same?’
Why solid foods are encouraged in this cleanse
My most recent answer to this question is the ClearBeing Community Nutritional Rebirth. As many of you know, in the past eight years I’ve offered bi-annual cleanses that have consisted mainly of fresh juices, tea infusions, mineral broths and cleansing practices. In this new version of the cleanse I’m adding, and even encouraging (for most people) the addition of solid foods. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Although a juice fast is very effective at cleansing and nourishing the body, most people don’t have a strong foundation for everyday eating, so that once the cleanse is over they re-introduce problematic foods that keep their symptoms alive.
- Many find that a liquid diet is hard to maintain while working, taking care of families and other responsibilities.
- The addition of plenty of fruit to the nutritional rebirth is key to the amazing results:
- When a significant percentage of your calories are coming from fruit your cravings for refined starches and sugars will decrease and potentially disappear.
- Fruit provide us with easy to digest carbohydrates, the fuel of choice for every cell in our body.
- They remove heavy metals from the body.
- They are anti-viral and anti-bacterial.
- They help to heal candida, hypoglycemia and diabetes, contrary to popular belief.
- They give us fatty acids unavailable in any other foods that help to heal the nervous, endocrine and other systems.
- They offer precious healing energies that elevate our moods, help us to overcome challenges, and feed our souls.
- They give us thousands of healing phytochemicals and properties not found in any other food category, and many undiscovered by science as of yet. For example… (thank you to Anthony William, the Medical Medium for the following information which comes directly from his blog)
- Wild blueberries alone have over a thousand different nutritional components and are one of the most powerful foods on the planet. Their unique antioxidants and polyphenols are known to protect the body from free radical damage, benefit cognitive and neurological health, support the cardiovascular system, and help reduce inflammation.
- Grapes are deeply effective liver and kidney cleansers, much more so than many cleansing remedies that are popular today. Grape skins hold unknown micronutrients that expel parasites, mold, and other unproductive fungus from the intestinal tract. Antioxidants within grapes can also help fight and prevent most types of cancer. Grapes can help with mold exposure, hypertension, macular degeneration, kidney stones, diabetes, hepatitis C, depression, anemia, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, herpes simplex 1 and 2, H. pylori infection, brain fog, fatigue, hair loss, brittle nails, blurry eyes, PMS, and more.
- Bananas contain powerful anti-fungal and antibiotic compounds as well as protease inhibitors which can help stop viruses in their tracts. This makes them highly beneficial for chronic illnesses such as shingles, epstein barr, parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, and lupus. Bananas are also particularly good for lowering blood pressure, irritable bowel syndrome, neurological disorders, diarrhea, atherosclerosis, osteoporosis, coronary artery disease, crohn’s disease, stroke, and kidney, colon, and lung cancers.
- The nutrients in melons immediately enter into the body and begin to rejuvenate the brain and other organs, they also protect the central nervous system, support healthy bowel and digestive tract function, and are a fantastic aid for heart, liver and kidney conditions. Melons are also one of the most hydrating foods in existence.
- Mangos are an amazing source of vitamins A, C, E, and B-complex as well as health promoting flavonoids such as beta-carotene and alpha-carotene. Mangos are a powerful anti-cancer food and are specifically known to help prevent lung, breast, colon, prostate, blood, and oral cancers. They are also highly beneficial in the prevention of strokes, heart disease, arthritis, cognitive disorders, respiratory diseases, and kidney disease. Mangos can help to alkalinize the whole body by helping to flush out toxic acids and rebuild the alkali reserves in the body. Mangos are packed with enzymes and are a prebiotic food, meaning they contain compounds that stimulate and feed the good bacteria in the intestines which greatly aids in digestion and assimilation.
- and much much more…
A solid foundation for the rest of your life
The Nutritional Rebirth is designed to create a solid foundation for the rest of your life. The week-long format, encouragement to continue as long as you’d like, and guidance around which foods can be safely added for everyday eating as well as practical tools like delicious recipes and shopping lists makes this unique group experience potentially life-changing. I will continue to encourage fresh juices, tea infusions and mineral broths, in addition to fresh fruit and vegetables, and carefully designed smoothies and salads. And I will help you to refine the cleanse to your needs. You can read more about the format here: ClearBeing Community Rebirth.
The addition of community support, meditation, energy work, ceremony and intention setting helps to bring the body and soul together in a partnership that is unsurpassed.
My personal experience with the Rebirth way of eating
I’ve personally been following this approach to eating since right after the juice fast last spring. I spent a month following the Rebirth Diet and then added other wholesome foods throughout the summer (I call this phase Everyday Deep Healing). The main changes from my regular diet were eliminating liquid oils and decreasing nuts and seeds, eliminating all grains during the Rebirth phase, and increasing fruit intake. I ate what I wanted at ‘special occasions’ and noticed the not-so-great effects on my body quite easily. Here are some of the improvements that I’ve experienced:
- I lost some excess weight
- I’m sleeping better, I need less sleep and wake up feeling rested
- my digestion is smooth and I don’t feel tired after meals
- the floaters in my eyes are decreasing
- my nervous system feels more relaxed, and ‘restless legs’ are gone as long as I stay true to the diet
- my moods are more level
- my joints feel looser particularly in the morning
- I think my hair might be growing faster
- I feel consistently light and content, and overall more confident
- my liver clearly sent me gratitude during meditation a couple of month ago
I appreciate all that you do to benefit your health and hope that you decide to join us. It helps us all in countless ways and paves the way for a happy and healthy life for you, your loved ones, all beings, and future generations.
Visit the ClearBeing Community Nutritional Rebirth page to find out more information and to register.
If you’re still not sure if the Nutritional Rebirth is for you, please join us for the introductory phone call on Sunday October 16th from 1 to 2 pm. Let me know if you plan on attending so I can send you the conference call number and password. A recording will be available after the call.